comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: I didn't remember this quote from 2003
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

I didn't remember this quote from 2003



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Me too.

“I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer, universal health care plan,” then-U.S. Senate candidate Obama said at an AFL-CIO event in 2003, using the terms that commonly refer to a government-run health insurance system.

“Everybody in, nobody out, a single-payer health care plan, universal health care plan — that’s what I’d like to see,” he said. “But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately, because first we’ve got to take back the White House. And we got to take back the Senate, and we got to take back the House.”

Obama has said repeatedly that he doesn’t now support a single-payer system — where the government is the sole provider of health insurance across the country.


blog comments powered by Disqus