comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: I got punk'd by Bosch today
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

I got punk'd by Bosch today



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Things like this make me very cranky.

In March, I got a new Bosch dishwasher. My old GE model, at 23, had run its course.

On Sunday, the new Bosch dishwasher stopped draining. After a review of the manual, a check of Bosch's website and a couple calls to the Bosch 800 number, I was told I needed service. But, no worries, it was covered by the warranty.

Today, the service guy came. Turns out, the drain was clogged. Took him about 30 seconds to fix it. And, guess what? It was my fault, not theirs. $169 please. (Note to Bosch: A 30-second video on your website would save a lot of time, hassle and money.)

So, after the service guy left, I called Bosch to complain. I was told the warranty only covered "functional" issues. This was human error. Huh? If the filter isn't functioning, how can that not be a functional issue? The woman at Bosch service was adamant that this was not their fault. It was apparently my fault that the drain on my new dishwasher was clogged because the filters in my new dishwasher didn't work. My old 23-year old dishwasher never clogged the drain. But, this newfangled machine from Bosch, well, simple tasks seem to clog it up.

I really feel punk'd. I hope Bosch is happy. I'd never buy one of their products again. The service guy told me stuff like this happens all the time. I don't blame him. I blame Bosch -- and, for the record, Bosch did pick the service company, not me. There were several calls this week to discuss and arrange the service call. Never was it mentioned that the failure of Bosch's product to function was my fault, until today.

I swear, dealing with Bosch was like dealing with my health insurance company. And, I can't think of a worse comparison.


blog comments powered by Disqus