comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Bronx teenager roasts kitten
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Bronx teenager roasts kitten



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

17 year old Cheyenne Cherry was angry at her ex-roommate. So Cheyenne broke into her former friend's apartment, slashed the furniture, threw bleach on the walls, stole a bunch of stuff, and then threw the friend's kitten into the oven, shut the door, turned the stove on high, and then left so she wouldn't have to hear the kitten clawing at the oven door and/or screaming in pain. The kitten roasted to a cinder.

This isn't just a prank. It's one seriously sick individual. I don't care how stupid we all were when we were 17, I can't ever imagine roasting a kitten to death as a prank. That takes a serious lack of regard for life. Just imagine what Cheyenne Cherry is going to be like when she finally grows up.

I had jury duty yesterday. After spending 5 hours in the courthouse, I was dismissed after I told the judge, honestly, that the defendant freaked me out. He looked like some thug out of CSI, and in my heart I knew he was guilty as sin. Yes, I know, innocent until proven guilty and all that - but after two teenage thugs tried to choke me to death six years ago outside my apartment in DC at 8 o'clock at night on a busy street, I guess I lost a bit of my innocent impartiality. Spending those five hours in the courthouse yesterday was a real eye opener, and a reminder of that night six years ago. It was a look at the dark side that most of us don't usually have to witness, at least not very often.

Perhaps that's why Cherry Jubilee, or whatever her name is, roasting the kitten strikes me as something more sinister than just a stupid teenage prank. The people walking around that courthouse scared the hell out of me. As does anyone who would throw a kitten into an oven as a prank.

PS And the minor who was Cherry's accomplish hasn't even been arrested. Unless the minor is under the age of 6, the cops have some explaining to do too. At the very least, they should "arrest" the minor to scare the hell out of them.


blog comments powered by Disqus