comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Some morning Horowitz
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Some morning Horowitz



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK


Last night a friend called with a last second "I have two extra tickets for Verdi's Masked Ball opera" so our normal Friday schedule of Cambodia chicken was changed. Beautiful music and the stage sets and costumes in the final set were stunning. I was hoping to locate a photo or two online but so far, nothing. The baritone last night was especially great but I wondered what the tenor thought about the roaring applause.

Obviously not opera but after the show I was thinking about Horowitz and how talented he was. I think I was thinking about how I always appreciated great singers but didn't necessarily ever have a desire to sing. Piano on the other hand is something that I used to think seemed uninteresting to play (I was a drummer) but today when I listen to it, I wish that I knew how to play. It impresses me that Horowitz played so exceptionally well for so many years. Again, looking at how our societies (whether in the US or Europe) throw away "old" people, here's yet another example of someone who continued to love what he did and was incredibly talented and brought joy to so many people for so many years. Could you imagine if Horowitz was told "you are too old" when he his 55 years old? What a crazy world we live in. (BTW, part I is here, but I preferred part II linked above.)


blog comments powered by Disqus