comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Actor Kal Penn hired by WH
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Actor Kal Penn hired by WH



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Aha, and my friends thought I was nuts when I said I saw him walking into my new condo building a few weeks ago.

Penn told EW: "I'm going to be the associate director in the White House office of public liaison. They do outreach with the American public and with different organizations. They're basically the front door of the White House. They take out all of the red tape that falls between the general public and the White House. It's similar to what I was doing on the campaign."
Penn, who starred in "Harold and Kumar," and is a regular on "House," is unique among celebrities interested in politics - he is actually giving up his career (or at least is putting it on hold) in order to support the political cause he believes in. He quit House in order to work for Obama. That's pretty wild, and damn laudable. I have no problem with celebrities getting involved in politics - on the contrary, Hollywood has been a great help on so many progressive issues, and with so many progressive candidates. But I can't recall anyone going this far in their commitment to a political cause, or a politician - as to actually quit a hit TV show. Remember, he's also taking a huge pay cut. I'm seriously impressed.


blog comments powered by Disqus