comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: In DC, the games have begun
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

In DC, the games have begun



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Today, the inaugural festivities are in full swing. Obama has been to Arlington Cemetery and church already today.

The "We Are One" concert is just starting down on the Mall. I opted out of that one, although my parents are there with my sister (a Bono/Springsteen fanatic) so I'll get a full report later.

I did go to the EMILY's List lunch over at the Washington Hilton. They had a powerhouse lineup including Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Janet Napolitano and new Senators Kay Hagan (NC) and Jeanne Shaheen (NH). Also, speaking was Ellen Moran, who used to run EMILY's List but is now the Director of Communications at the White House. Lots of politicos over there. I got a chance to say hello to Congresswoman Donna Edwards and the New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn. Here's a photo of Chris and her partner, Kim Catullo. They're great (and fellow dog lovers):



Also, I've determined that the most prevalent sign in DC is this one:


One other random thing. All the trash cans in my neighborhood are gone. As a dog owner, I know where all of the trash cans are. And, they're gone.

UPDATE @ 3:29 PM: I snagged this photo from HBO's concert coverage. I thought it was pretty cute. The girls are taking pictures when Hal Penn was speaking:


blog comments powered by Disqus