comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Hope is fading
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Hope is fading



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Reader Richard emails us that he just left the following comment at Change.gov:

For 53 years, I have lived my life as a proud citizen of the United States. I have served my country in uniform, paid my taxes with minimal complaint, and worked to support my government in any way possible within the dictates of my conscience. As a child, I heard the works of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, and was stirred to beleive that this dream could be true for all people, and wept with hope as Mr. Obama was elected to the Office of President of the United States.

When listening to Dr. King, I was a young white boy from the Ozark Mountains of Missouri, and it was the first I had heard of racial equality.

I served my country in the military, both Army and Navy, until I reached the point where as a God fearing American I could no longer be untruthful about my sexual orientation, and therefore requested that I be discharged.

I wept with hope and joy at the election of Mr. Obama because it seemed that it was possible that equality for all could be achieved.

Now that joy is gone. Rick Warren does not beleive that I am deserving of equal treatment under the law, and Mr. Obama has publicly supported that postition. Hope is fading, and I have no more tears to shed.


blog comments powered by Disqus