comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Does Obama agree with Rick Warren that gays should live their entire lives without sex?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Does Obama agree with Rick Warren that gays should live their entire lives without sex?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Yeah, he said it. He also said that gays prove that evolution doesn't exist, because if evolution were a correct theory, we'd have died out long ago. Nice man.

Below is the transcript of Warren on Larry King, via Rude Pundit. Rude Pundit calls Rick Warren "Tubby" because Warren is, well, fat. A glutton, presumably. That's one of the seven deadly sins. You see, gays are supposed to abstain from sex for life when Rick Warren can't even abstain from Twinkies.

Then again, gluttony is a "Catholic"-defined sin, and evangelicals think Catholics worship Satan, they call the Catholic church "the great whore," so maybe it's okay for Warren to eat, a lot.

Speaking of which, does Warren agree that Catholics worship Satan and are going to hell? Does Obama think that the notion that Catholics are a "whore" faith that worships Satan is something we should all agree to disagree about?

More from Rude Pundit:

TUBBY: Well, again, I would just say I think to me the issue is, is it natural? Is it the natural thing? I mean here's an interesting thing I have to ask. How can you believe in Darwin's theory of evolution and homosexuality at the same time? Now think about this.

If Darwin was right, which is survival of the fittest then homosexuality would be a recessive gene because it doesn't reproduce and you would think that over thousands of years that homosexuality would work itself out of the gene pool.

KING: So, we take the reverse. The creator then approves of it.

TUBBY: Well, I believe...

KING: Darwin's wrong. The creator is right. Gays are right.

TUBBY: Yes well, of course, I believe that God created one man for one woman for life. A lot of the problems -- as a pastor I've notice that when God gives certain rules they're really for our benefit. They're not because God's capricious or just "I think that I'm going to make your life miserable."

I think they're always for our benefit and when I do certain things God's way I have fewer broken hearts. I have less STDs. I have -- and I'm not just talking about sex. I'm talking about if I followed God's will about the right things about eating, I wouldn't be fat and overweight. I wouldn't, you know, and I -- people say well there are lots of sins. Of course there are. And to me the greatest sin is pride. The Bible tells us that pride is what Satan got kicked out of heaven and so we're all in the same boat.

KING: All right. You used the word natural.

TUBBY: Yes.

KING: Define it. For example, is it natural to like bananas? I like them. You may not.

TUBBY: Yes.

KING: Peanut butter, I love peanut butter. I know, I had a daughter, my daughter Chaia never liked peanut butter. Is that natural?

TUBBY: No, I think the difference is do you like food or not, not what flavor of food because you can't live without food. Now you can live without sex. It's possible. Lots of people do. So, I wouldn't even put it in the same category. A lot of people live without sex. It's not an essential for life.


blog comments powered by Disqus