comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield thieves just upped my insurance premium 23%
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield thieves just upped my insurance premium 23%



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Yes, the cost of covering me has gotten so expensive that BlueCross felt compelled to up my premium by a whopping 23%, according to the letter I just got from them. Funny, since I found out last week that they haven't upped my prescription benefit cap in 12 years - it's still at the 1997 level of $1500, which means they've actually cut my prescription benefits by about 25% over that period (since drug prices, and inflation, keep going up while my benefits stay the same) while nearly tripling my premiums. And now I get a whopping 23% increase in one year to my insurance premium. I'm paying $417 a month, the best self-employed plan that CareFirst offers, and these bastards cut off my prescription drugs two months ago. I had readers offering to buy me drugs in Mexico. What country do we even live in anymore? These people are thieves. So help me God, Obama and the spineless wonders we call Democrats on the Hill had better fix this.


blog comments powered by Disqus