comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Wishful Drinking
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Wishful Drinking



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Joe and I just went with his boyfriend Carlos and my friend Matt to see Carrie Fisher's one-woman show "Wishful Drinking" here in DC. It was great. I'd never seen her before, and honestly only know of her via Princess Leia and her appearances on Rosie's show (had no clue she was Debbie Reynolds' and Eddie Fisher's daughter, or that she was married to singer Paul Simon - revoke my card). She was really really great. Amazing comedian, and storyteller, and just really interesting. One of our readers, Daniel, works on her show (he's the stage manager, I think), got us tickets, and brought us back stage to meet her a few minutes ago after the show. What a hoot this woman is. She was telling us stories of Chris Dodd and Ted Kennedy (stories that we can probably share in about 25 years) and she had me in tears. I asked Daniel if we can come back and do a quick Flip interview for you guys, on cam, and he asked her and she said yes. So, hopefully this week we'll get it. She's just very interesting, smart, funny, boisterous, and outspoken - the kind of woman every gay man would love. I think it might make a fun, interesting, and different interview to break up all the rest of the angry stuff I'm sure we'll be reporting as things heat up even further. Anyway, it's a great show, I'd really recommend it if it comes to town.


blog comments powered by Disqus