comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: McCain: Can't a guy just have some fun lying about Iraq?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

McCain: Can't a guy just have some fun lying about Iraq?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

John McCain went on "60 Minutes" to admit that he was wrong about allegedly safe neighborhoods in Iraq. See, McCain wants to show there has been progress in Iraq. Apparently, like everyone else involved with Iraq spin, McCain chose lying to make his point -- and come on, can't he just have some fun:

Of course I'm going to misspeak and I've done it on numerous occasions and I probably will do in the future. I regret that when I divert attention to something that I've said from my message but you know that's just life, and I'm happy frankly with the way I operate, otherwise it would be a lot less fun," McCain says.
Think Progress has the video. McCain may be happy with the way he operates, but it's hard to find anyone else who is. Couple more bizarre incidents like this -- and there will be more -- makes me wonder if McCain even make it to the Iowa caucuses next year. McCain's fealty to Bush's Iraq failed war combined with his just plain craziness isn't really working for his campaign.


blog comments powered by Disqus