comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: It's Presidential announcement weekend -- Hillary says "I'm In"
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

It's Presidential announcement weekend -- Hillary says "I'm In"



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Big weekend in American presidential politics.

On her website, Hillary Clinton just told us "I'm in." She's creating an exploratory committee:

Today I am announcing that I will form an exploratory committee to run for president.

And I want you to join me not just for the campaign but for a conversation about the future of our country -- about the bold but practical changes we need to overcome six years of Bush administration failures.

I am going to take this conversation directly to the people of America, and I'm starting by inviting all of you to join me in a series of web chats over the next few days.
New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson is planning to announce his intentions tomorrow:
He plans to announce on Sunday that he will soon file the papers to create a presidential exploratory committee, the officials said. The governor is scheduled to appear on ABC's "This Week."
Meanwhile, in Topeka, one of the most gay-obsessed members of Congress, Sam Brownback, is announcing that he's running for President. With McCain tanking, who knows. Brownback is a darling of the true theocrats:
"Brownback, he's a known commodity," said Carrie Gordon Earll, a senior director at the Colorado Springs, Colo.-based Focus on the Family. "Some of the other people who've thrown their hat in the ring, there's debate. Have they always been pro-life? Nobody questions Sam Brownback."

Brownback's causes have included restoring a "family hour" to television, an amendment to the Constitution banning same-sex marriage and legislation to prohibit human cloning and embryonic stem-cell research.
He truly represents the GOP. He'd make a terrific nominee.


blog comments powered by Disqus