comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Cliff's Corner
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Cliff's Corner



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

This week I decided to use this space a bit differently. Many of us involved in progressive politics lost an ally this week, a woman named Maria Leavey, who was quick to help out anyone and hesitant to take credit for doing so. In my case, I also lost a close friend.

Maria was simply one of the most fantastic people you could ever meet. She worked tirelessly to get people together working in progressive politics, trying to forward individual careers and the movement as a whole. I think I may have added to my social circle by 50% just because of her lunches, dinners and other get togethers.

She will be sorely missed, by those of us who knew her, but also by progressives who didn't everywhere. I would just like to say God Speed Maria. We'll do our best to keep fighting for the principles you found to be so important.


blog comments powered by Disqus