comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: The Gospel of Judas
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

The Gospel of Judas



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I watched a special on it last night on MSNBC. I really wished I went to see it when they had it at the National Geographic headquarters in DC. Anyway, can someone explain why this is so controversial? I found it fascinating, and don't really find the notion of Judas being in cahoots with Christ all that earth-shattering. I mean, it's not like the new gospel suggests that Jesus wasn't really the son of God or anything. Also, from a religious right "literal interpretation of the Bible" perspective, I'm rather fascinated that there were some 30 or so gospels at the beginning and someone arbitrarily picked 4 to go in the Bible. That's a bit disturbing, especially as it concerns those who say the Bible is the literal word of God - what happened to the 80% of the rest of the literal word they simply chose to throw out?


blog comments powered by Disqus