comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: I leave Chicago 24 hours ago and NOW they're getting a foot of snow
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

I leave Chicago 24 hours ago and NOW they're getting a foot of snow



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I'm one of those freaks who really enjoys a good snowstorm. Man, I missed it by 24 hours. I also missed that big earthquake in LA, 1993 or 94 or something, only because my friend Michael scratched his eye and we missed our flight to LA - the earthquake was later that night. Having said that, I've been through several tornadoes, again back in Chicago, and you know, it's not that exciting when the civil defense sirens are blaring and you're the one running for your life, or when you're huddling in the basement with a flashlight and a battery-powered radio waiting for the roof to blow off and desperately trying to remember if it's the southwest corner of the basement you want or don't want (remember when they used to tell you to tune the TV to no station, just static, and that the hum would tell you how close the tornado was?). Anyway, tornadoes aren't quite like on the Weather Channel where you get to enjoy it from your jeep, so maybe earthquakes aren't as fun either. Still...

Anyway, I miss my snow.

digg this!


blog comments powered by Disqus