comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Rick Santorum does NOT have a hang-up with working women
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Rick Santorum does NOT have a hang-up with working women



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I'm sure all you gals out there will be happy to hear that Ricky is a with-it guy:

How did Santorum get to the point at which he was insisting, quite seriously, that "I don't have a hang-up with working women"?

The question came on a note card by someone identified as a "working woman and single mother." She asked why she should vote for him after he wrote the 2005 book, "It Takes a Family," in which he said "radical feminism" is his reason why working parents are leaving their kids at home alone or under someone else's care.

"The radical feminists succeeded in undermining the traditional family and convincing women that professional accomplishments are the key to happiness," Santorum wrote.

Democrats have had a field day with the book, while women seem to be abandoning him. In the latest Keystone Poll, Santorum wins among men but culls only 34 percent of women's votes, compared to 47 percent for Democratic rival Bob Casey Jr.

Santorum, however, defended himself at the luncheon, blaming, this time, the more palatable reason of federal taxes on parents' absence from home.

"Look, I believe that women should have choices when it comes to the work force. And they should be real choices. And look, I came from a family where my mother worked, all her life, made more money than my dad. I have more people working in my office who are women, in senior policy positions, than men. So I don't have a hang-up with women working."


blog comments powered by Disqus