comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Run, don't walk, from the new film "All the King's Men." Horrendous is too kind a word for something that would get an F if it had been written by my 13 year old nephew. I thought I was the only one hating the film till I noticed the guy a few seats down and his girlfriend laughing hysterically when one of the lead characters died (it's not a comedy). Perhaps the woman in the hall after the film said it best - "I just wasted two hours of my life." She said she wanted to walk out. I wanted to walk out. And the only other two films in my life that I can remember wanting to walk out of - well, make that three - were AI (also with Jude Law), Something About Mary, and Backdraft.

Hideous, hideous, hideous film.

The Illusionist, on the other hand, was really nice. A great period piece, and other than the last 2 minutes, which were heavy-handed and totally unnecessary, it's a really nice movie and worth a see.

But for the love of God, stay far away from All the Kings Men.


blog comments powered by Disqus