comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: The "other" Middle East: It's near all-out-war between Israel and Hezbollah - where is George Bush?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

The "other" Middle East: It's near all-out-war between Israel and Hezbollah - where is George Bush?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Busy worrying about gay marriage and flag burning, I suppose.

I don't begin to claim I understand what the hell is going on between Israel and Hezbollah. Yeah, I've got a strong background in foreign policy and Middle East politics, but this latest blow up just confuses the hell out of me. I feel like I'm entering a really complicated movie after half of it is already over - no clue what the hell is going on. Or perhaps a better metaphor, the Hatfields and the McCoys:

The true origins of the feud between these two men and their families are lost in the mists of history...
Anyway, you can read for yourself about the latest violence and try to make sense of it if you can. My point is slightly different. Where is George Bush? Where is America? Why are the Republicans in Congress and George Bush spending all their time worrying about flags and fags, while North Korea gets closer and closer to nuking us, and the Middle East goes up in flames?

There are serious problems in the world. And the current crop of Republicans running the country are either blind, or simply don't care.


blog comments powered by Disqus