comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: "I hate Sony" open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

"I hate Sony" open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



It's an open thread, chat about whatever you like, but I need to vent quickly about this piece of crap (that would be "PC") Sony Vaio, the most expensive piece of garbage I have ever bought in my entire life - and I'm not exaggerating, it is literally the biggest lemon I have ever purchased. (It's my blog, I get to vent.)

I haven't used the thing in a few months since I now have a Mac laptop that works perfectly. And when I say perfectly, I mean perfectly. Knock on wood, and all that, but so far it's just like the ads say - it just works.

But, today I had to boot up my Sony desktop because TiVo doesn't work with Mac, and I wanted to transfer a couple of movies to my laptop to watch on the road. So what happens, 45 minutes after booting up my Sony crashes, all on its own, while I'm not even touching it, and reboots all by itself. It's been doing this cute rebooting trick the entire time I've owned the piece of crap, for 18 months now (it's a young computer, had problems from day one). Sony never managed to fix the problem, though they did lie to me, a lot, when I called customer service - again, not exaggerating, I caught the customer service rep quite literally lying to me. Then they lost my repair request, and all sorts of other fun. (The geeks among you will appreciate this: One Sony tech had the nerve to tell me that I clearly had a virus AFTER we replaced the hard drive with a fresh new unformatted hard drive on which we installed Windows from their own CD, yet the same problem occurred again. Still, the bozo is lecturing me about how I obviously still have a virus, so I asked him where, in the RAM?)

Anyway, so I spent an insane amount of money buying a particularly good Sony computer, because Sony has such a great name, and the thing is the biggest, most expensive lemon I have ever owned. The thing is a better coffee table than computer.

I just had to vent because I've had it with this piece of junk. And if I can't get Sony to actually send me a computer that works after buying a $1500 tower, the least I can do is let the world know what a piece of crap their desktop computers are (though in all fairness to Sony, I'm beginning to think all desktops stink). Buy a Mac instead, folks. I've got Joe and Chris both using them now, and no one is looking back. And ironically, it's even easier to switch if you're NOT a computer pro - I think - the more novice you are, the less "weird" the change is in practice.

I feel better now. Chat amongst yourselves.


blog comments powered by Disqus