comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK


(click the photo to see it larger)

This is your standard gorgeous red cattleya mix. I suspect this is actually a catt mixed with a laelia or something else. But it's gorgeous, isn't it? This is my picture, but it's not my plant. I took this one in Chicago at Hausermann's orchids. The plant itself was rather large, so this one isn't for me. But I just can't get over the colors - they're that stunning in person. Catts generally require a good amount of sunlight all year round, watering about once a week or so. So, if you have the sunlight, they'll flower, otherwise, they won't.

Enjoy. JOHN


blog comments powered by Disqus