comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Paph hirsutissimum (I think)

I may be the only person in orchid-dom who thinks that this thing looks like the Bat Signal.



Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, as always, this photo is one I took in a greenhouse. I do own one of these plants, and it's basking in the outdoors this summer, which is doing it some good. Lots of orchids enjoy the summer orchids (depending where you live - Florida can get too hot, depending when and which orchid), but days in the 80s and nights in the 60s tend to make many orchids very happy. You gotta watch the sunlight, this guy would probably prefer morning sun and late afternoon sun, bright shade the rest of the time. I'll let you know if mine survives and every blooms.

Enjoy.


blog comments powered by Disqus