comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Blue Cross and Central DuPage Hospital try to screw my dying high school Spanish teacher
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Blue Cross and Central DuPage Hospital try to screw my dying high school Spanish teacher



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

A terribly sad, and typical, article from the Chicago Trib. Fortunately, the Trib's involvement got the problem solved. But how many other dying cancer patients, or their spouses, are being screwed by insurance companies and hospitals who seem more interested in their own bureacracies than actually helping patients and families? I have heard so many stories like this from friends over the years. When will someone fix America's health care system for good?

Fernando Mendoza was my high school Spanish teacher. A wonderful man, Sr. Mendoza. He immigrated to the US, I'm pretty sure from Cuba. He even emailed me last fall, after I appeared at a House panel discussion on media bias. I was so happy to hear from him, then forgot to get back to him as his email was buried in the hundreds of emails I get each day.

I didn't even know he was sick.


blog comments powered by Disqus