comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Should Al Gore run for president in 2008?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Should Al Gore run for president in 2008?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

The Wall Street Journal is opining about a possible Gore run for president in 2008. I'm just curious what you all think about that - good idea, bad idea, not sure? Also, be sure to indicate how you felt about Gore the first time around in 2000.

As for me, I wished Gore had Clinton's personality, but at the time I also remember thinking there was a part of Gore's seriousness that was good and necessary after the Clinton scandals. Still, it seemed that Gore, like Kerry, had a real problem bouncing back and forth between his advisers, never really quite finding his own voice.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the idea of Gore running again. A friend the other day - or maybe it was one of the folks at the AMERICAblog coffee meet-up we had in NYC last week - said that maybe this is why Gore has been laying low the past five years, so he can come back on the scene "new and improved" for the 2008 election.

It's an interesting idea. And I might just support it. I wasn't thrilled on Gore running again right after he lost, but now...

Your thoughts?


blog comments powered by Disqus