comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: While Ireland, Italy, Spain and soon UK go smoke-free...
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

While Ireland, Italy, Spain and soon UK go smoke-free...



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

France shelves a plan that has strong public support and would save the lives of thousands.

The current government is so weak that it has pulled back on its anti-smoking legislation, fearful of more protests if not its own shadow. I specifically avoid certain cafes and restaurants because I am disgusted by the stench of smoke. Tourists, who generate millions and are critical to the economy, can choose to visit neighboring countries without being suffocated while enjoying a vacation. France is beautiful but so is Spain and Italy and it's less expensive there as well. Locals who support the ban can just choose to stay at home if they want fresh air.

Call me crazy but I would rather enjoy my food at a restaurant as opposed to breathing in someone else's smoke. People can smoke all they want but I'm not interested in breathing it in my airspace. I can't believe that we still have to wait another year before this lame duck government changes.

NOTE FROM JOHN: Chris is right. Next to Buenos Aires, Paris the most smoke-filled city I've ever been to. It's disgusting. Imagine sitting in a restaurant smaller than your living room, and half the patrons are smoking. So now the French students can be jobless and smoking - good for them.


blog comments powered by Disqus