comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Okay, I think someone messed with Santa
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Okay, I think someone messed with Santa



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I'm having a debate online with my friend Dave in San Francisco. We both remember the Rudolph cartoon containing the line "Eat, Papa, eat. Nobody likes a skinny Santa."

But when watch the cartoon now, it's not there. What they say is:

Mrs. Claus: Eat, Poppa, eat.
Santa Claus: How can I eat? That silly elf song is driving me crazy.
Mrs. Claus: You're gonna disappoint the children. They expect a fat Santa.
So why is it that I, Dave, and the entire Internet seem to remember the other line? There are TONS of links to it on Google, and even lots of collectible Christmas thingies based on that phrase?

I have a theory, and I'm not kidding. I think they changed the dialogue. It used to say nobody likes a skinny Santa and the PC police got upset. There are a number of sites complaining about how the line promotes bulimia.

Either that, or we're all suffering from some mass delusion.

Tell me my childhood wasn't a mass delusion.

So, find me the answer, damnit.


blog comments powered by Disqus