comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

You may have noticed that I'm creating an AMERICAblog email update.

I'm not sure when it will officially launch, we're timing it to coincide with the launch of AMERICAblog 2.0 which is moving along nicely (probably launch that in the next few months, there's a lot of back-end stuff we're doing now to prepare). But in the meantime, if you'd like to join our email update list, I'd like to start populating it with your contact info now so that when the time comes we can use it.

You can join the list here.

You'll note that some of the info we ask for is mandatory, such as first name and city, state and country. Other info is optional. We want the info so we can target the emails as specifically as possible (perhaps do special updates to certain cities, countries, etc.)

Also, the more I know about my readers in the aggregate, the better we're able to sell ads and fund the blog. Having said that, we DO NOT sell YOUR PRIVATE INFO to anyone, nor will we lend it out. It's for us only and will be kept that way. I've run email lists since 1998 and have never sold or lent any of the info I've collected in that time, and I won't start now. I will only let advertisers know what percentage of men vs. women we have, what percentage of our readers live in the US, very general numbers like that.

Anyway, there you have it. Please do join the list if you can, I think we'll be able to find lots of fun uses for it as the year progresses and the blog continues to grow.

Thanks, JOHN


blog comments powered by Disqus