comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Miner's goodbye
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Miner's goodbye



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



From AP and the IndyStar:

"Tell all I see them on the other side," read the note reportedly found with the body of 51-year-old mine foreman Martin Toler Jr. "It wasn't bad. I just went to sleep. I love you Jr."

[NOTE FROM JOHN: I'm pretty sure the letter reads "I just want to sleep" - not "I just went to sleep."]

Tom Toler, Martin's older brother, who worked 30 years in the mine with him, said Thursday that the note was "written very lightly and very loosely" in block letters on the back of an insurance application form his brother had in his pocket.

"I took it to mean that it was written in the final stages," the brother said.


blog comments powered by Disqus