comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Cingular Wireless denies releasing my phone records to company selling them online
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Cingular Wireless denies releasing my phone records to company selling them online



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

UPDATE: Would somebody "real" from Cingular please contact me by email, or phone since you have that already, so we can deal with this - I really don't want to have to go through ten different levels of your customer support 800 number tomorrow.
--------------------

Then how did the company get my phone records and sell them online? If Cingular didn't release them, then it sounds like somebody broke the law, and if so, what is Cingular planning on doing about it? I think I'm gonna have me a little talk with them tomorrow.

An AMERICAblog reader sends me the response he got to Cingular when he wrote them about my Web site selling Cingular phone records for $110 a pop:

Date: Tue Jan 10 20:42:30 PST 2006

Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Cingular Wireless regarding your account. I apologize for any confusion you may be experiencing with what you read in the news. I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

Cingular Wireless does not release our customer's information to any paid listing. Please review our privacy procedures at www.cingular.com/privacy/privacy_policy.

I hope this addresses the concerns you have. We encourage you to visit us at www.cingular.com often to view your monthly account statements, make payments and shop for new products and services. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for choosing Cingular Wireless.

Sincerely,

Deborah Sexton
Cingular Wireless
Online Customer Care Professional
Well, Deborah, then how exactly did my records get into the hands of some guys on the Internet, and what is Cingular doing about it?


blog comments powered by Disqus