comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Why did the NSA Web site JUST put a cookie on my computer?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Why did the NSA Web site JUST put a cookie on my computer?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Someone emailed me today, suggesting that NSA might still be putting cookies on visitors' computers even AFTER they said they'd stopped (because it's illegal). So I looked into my cookie folder, saw a few from NSA (that could have been from the other day before they said they'd stop), so I deleted them. I then looked in the folder, the cookies were gone. I then revisited the NSA Web site, opened up my cookie folder, and voila, there they were again, set to expire in 2035.

I took a screen capture, which you can see below. Interestingly, I deleted those cookies and now am trying again and am NOT getting the cookies. Very fishy.



PS I've deleted some of the identifying info for the cookie because I really don't need to be telling the NSA which cookie is mine, not that they don't already know.


blog comments powered by Disqus