comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Wayne Besen Reviews Brokeback Mountain
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Wayne Besen Reviews Brokeback Mountain



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Good review of Brokeback Mountain by Wayne Besen in PlanetOut. (Note, there are spoilers in this review.) One item of particular note:

What has not been talked about is the profound effect the movie is having on the gay community. It has caused many people I know to reevaluate their lives and ponder the meaning of life, love and relationships. Watching the struggle of the two protagonists, Jack Twist and Ennis del Mar, makes today's gay people stop and think, "I really have it easy. Given this freedom, have I lived true to myself and opened myself to the possibility of love?"
Here's to hoping Brokeback Mountain does, in fact, take some of the shallowness out of urban gay living.


blog comments powered by Disqus