comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Oncidium ornithorhynchum

My picture doesn't really do this one justice. (You can see a nicer pic here.) It's a species plant that I find hard to grow. I had one last year and died last winter, so I'm trying one again. The flowers are VERY small and the plant blooms with hundreds of them, it's quite pretty. But the best thing is the smell. It's hard to describe, but it's absolutely wonderful. Sweet in a something-warm-and-desserty kind of way, and the smell wafts across my apartment. But like I said, I find it hard to keep alive. Time will tell this winter.

Enjoy.


blog comments powered by Disqus