comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: AMERICAblog ♥ Sam Seder
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

AMERICAblog ♥ Sam Seder



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

UPDATE: Crooks and Liars now has the video up.

I know officially AMERICAblog ♥ Anderson Cooper, and we want to marry Dan Savage (after we knock off his husband), but we just might have to make room in our hearts for Sam Seder of Air America. His "war on Christmas" riff on CNN today will go down as a classic.

Seder, an avowed Christ-killer I believe, was debating one of the men at the Concerned Women for America, Robert Knight, who is one of the biggest nastiest homophobes on the planet.

A snippet, then Atrios has the rest:

SEDER: Listen, as far as the war on Christmas goes, I feel like we should be waging a war on Christmas. I mean, I believe that Christmas, it's almost proven that Christmas has nuclear weapons, can be an imminent threat to this country, that they have operative ties with terrorists and I believe that we should sacrifice thousands of American lives in pursuit of this war on Christmas. And hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer money.

PHILLIPS: Is it a war on Christmas, a war Christians, a war on over-political correctness or just a lot of people with way too much time on their hands?

SEDER: I would say probably, if I was to be serious about it, too much time on their hands, but I'd like to get back to the operational ties between Santa Claus and al Qaeda.

PHILLIPS: I don't think that exists. Bob? Help me out here.

SEDER: We have intelligence, we have intelligence.

PHILLIPS: You have intel. Where exactly does your intel come from?

SEDER: Well, we have tortured an elf...
Do read the rest of the transcript Atrios has up.


blog comments powered by Disqus