comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: NYC open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

NYC open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Off for some Italian (food, that is). Staying with a friend in Chelsea. I really do love this city. Most of my friends who have moved to New York for a while have found they tire of it after a few years. I've never lived here, but would love to try. NY has a buzz for me, like Paris, and certainly Chicago, and perhaps Rome (though Rome's turn-on for me is more the incredible weight of the history all around you). I don't get that feeling from Dc, either the energy buzz or the sense of history. But with NY, every time I come here I feel inspired to write a book, become an actor, plunge myself into my photography, or something else creative. The city just fills me with a yearning, and a motivation, to do great things. Love it.

Of course, my immediate yearning is to eat some eggplant.


blog comments powered by Disqus