comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Okay, I'm a wee bit late. This is a plant that I don't exactly have - well, I don't have the Paph sanderianum species itself, I have several crosses with sanderianum in it (kind of like the genetic difference between owning a pure breed dog and a mixed breed).

Here is an example of Paph sanderianum Shin-Yi (I have this, again, as a cross with another plant):



And here's a slow-mo picture of a sanderianum flowering over a 21 day period. This one is supposedly the world record holder for longest petals. You can read more about it here.


blog comments powered by Disqus