comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Bush ♥ the Koran
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Bush ♥ the Koran



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

He put a copy of the Koran in the White House library AND apparently he's reading it. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But oh the fundies are gonna flip.

Check out this interview last month in which a Malaysian reporter interviews Undersecretary of State Karen Hughes:

KHAIDIR: Talking about books, President Bush in the Iftar in the White House – the White House finally has a Koran in the library….

UNDER SECRETARY HUGHES: That’s right, he’s put a Koran in the library for the first time.

KHAIDIR: Has he started reading it yet?

UNDER SECRETARY HUGHES: I don’t know! I know a lot of us - I know my husband and I started reading the Koran in the aftermath - I think after September 11th and after some of the discussions of, you know, after hearing some of what the terrorists were saying, and then hearing other Muslims saying that what the terrorists did, did not represent the Islamic faith, that a lot of Americans became very interested in learning more about Islam. And so I know I’ve read some of the Koran, and I’m sure the President has as well since he got the copy of the Koran to place in the White House library, so.

KHAIDIR: It’s good for him, because we have been misunderstood. [...]


blog comments powered by Disqus