comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I wanted to mention that the Y2K? idea came from Teri Mackey, the mom of a US soldier who has served two tours in Iraq. I didn't want to mention Teri's name initially, as I wasn't sure she'd want me to, but she said she was okay with it, so there you are.

Terri wrote a recent piece for Buzzflash you might want to read:

"Hey Mom it’s me." Something my son always said every time he called, but this time his voice sounded unusual. He had a really serious tone in his voice and the automatic gunfire in the background was loud and more constant than usual. My heart began to race and I took a deep breath.

"Hey, I'm trapped on a rooftop and I don't think we are going to make it out of here, so I just called to tell you that I loved you and that I am thinking of all of you."
Read the rest at Buzzflash.


blog comments powered by Disqus