comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Have the Chinese banned AMERICAblog and Atrios
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Have the Chinese banned AMERICAblog and Atrios



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Well, that's the report I just got from a loyal AMERICAblog reader who just returned from China (actually, this is the second report I've received from someone who said we were blocked in China). Here's what reader P. had to report:

I noticed something recently that I thought you might find interesting. I just returned from almost two weeks in China on business. Since it was on business, I was in the big cities and hotels that had internet access. I had no problem with any access during my stay, except:

Of all the sites I check on a daily basis (between my various e mails, FARK, a few news sites, and four or five blogs - maybe 15 sites in all, plus whatever links I follow from those sites) I had no problem with any of them except two - AMERICAblog and Atrios. All of the others worked like a champ. Yours always resulted in a "domain cannot be found" or similar message no matter how I tried to get at it (different search engines, different browsers, etc).

Now, maybe your site and Atrios were down the entire time between September 7 and this morning. I'm guessing it is more likely that you and your blog have made it onto a list somewhere in the bowels of the People's Ministry of Apparatchiks that Ban Internet Blogs in China.

Congratulations. You are now an international celebrity. Maybe you can add '"Domain not Found" - People's Republic of China' to your header along with the comments from Rush, the FRC, and CWA.
Perhaps the Chinese hate cats and orchids.

Anybody else got any feedback on accessing us in China? I'd love a screen capture of the computer saying we can't be accessed :-)

Oh, and apparently they DON'T ban DailyKos in China. I always knew Kos was a red.


blog comments powered by Disqus