comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Ok, phone update. My cell phone now works as a "local" French cell phone, which has its advantages and disadvantages. Advantage: Local calls here in France are cheaper than using my American cell phone plan to call France - France price 50 cents a minute, US price $1.25 a minute. But, as you can see, the French cell price per minute is insane. I now understand why the Europeans love text messaging, I believe my text message price is around 15 cents or so per message. But, RECEIVING calls on your cell in Europe is free, meaning the recipient doesn't pay when someone calls him. So that's pretty cool. Basically, it means I'll be using my Vonage phone, which is working perfectly over here, to call friends in France at 3 cents a minute, then leave my French cell phone number for them to call me back on. Weird stuff.

Anyway, off to write my RADAR piece.

Any news of the day?


blog comments powered by Disqus