comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Rehnquist: I'm not quitting
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Rehnquist: I'm not quitting



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Damn, he sounds like a cranky old man, but Rehnquist told everyone to back off, he's not quitting. AP has the story:

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, denying rumors of his retirement, said Thursday he will continue heading the court as long his health permits. “I’m not about to announce my retirement,” he said.

“I want to put to rest the speculation and unfounded rumors of my imminent retirement,” Rehnquist, 80, and ailing with thyroid cancer, said in a statement obtained by The Associated Press. “I am not about to announce my retirement. I will continue to perform my duties as chief justice as long as my health permits.”


blog comments powered by Disqus