comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Finally met Bob Geldof
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Finally met Bob Geldof



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

And got, perhaps, the lousiest photo of my life. It was via my cell cam, light was low, and though my camera has adustments to get damn good pics in bars etc., I felt terrible asking him to wait, so we shot anyway, and here's what we got:



Another of the bloggers, Darren Barringer (who works with Joe Trippi), said he was interviewing folks at a pub yesterday (yeah, right, Darren), and they said they wished Geldof ran for Parliament. And if he did, they'd demand that he be Prime Minister because he's the only politician who's proven for years that he cares about helping real people. Say what you will about stars who try to help out on social causes, but it's true that Geldof has put his money where his mouth is, so to speak. And he showed no attitude at all when I bugged him at 12:30 at night in a crowded bar for a photo (after droves of people had just done the same). I give him kudos for that, because by about the 150th person of the night who comes up to you, that has to get annoying after a while - he handled it charmingly well.



This is just a quick shot of the "lounge" last night where they held a party for all the delegates to the Live 8 events. Was very nice, nothing special, just a nice club, great music, called the Opal Lounge.

And finally, here's another pic of Melissa from West Wing while we were en route via Heathrow. Such a nice woman (she's the second woman back). Behind her is Josh Trevino - he writes for RedState.org, big ole conservative blog, but he's actually a really nice guyy



Another really nice person is Charmaine (?), I call her Charlemagne, who is a blogger and who works at - where else? - the Family Research Council. I know, trust me, I was a bit surprised when I met her and found out she was traveling with us. She is a genuinely sweet person and we've become friends. We've only just begun to have the talk about politics, gays, and the FRC. I hope to have more with her.

This is my new bud, Charmaine:



Technorati tag:


blog comments powered by Disqus