comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Those new "read more" links
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Those new "read more" links



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Gang, I'm experimenting with something. It ain't perfect, but let's try it for a bit. Basically, I noticed that I, and my other guest bloggers on this site, like to write a lot in each post. I don't think that's a bad thing because I think we have something to say. But, I don't want folks who come to the site to miss the OTHER posts of the day because they see one or two long ones at the top of the page. So, we're trying some new code that permits us to break a post in two. The first part shows on the blog home page, the second part you need to click to read. The only problem is that the damn "read more" link posts on EVERY post, regardless of whether there's more to read.

In an effort to solve that (unless one of you tech geniuses out there can solve this for me), I'm asking my guest bloggers to join me in putting a dot-dot-dot - i.e., ... - whenever we break the post and go to another page. That way when you come to the end of the post and see "..." you'll know there really IS something more to read if you click.

Make sense? I know, a bit clumsy, but I think it will clean the page up a little and help folks scan it better. I can always change it back.


blog comments powered by Disqus