comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Sen. Hatch's office reportedly tells caller "Robert Byrd used to be in the KKK"
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Sen. Hatch's office reportedly tells caller "Robert Byrd used to be in the KKK"



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Playing dirty, Senator Hatch?

I just got an email from Barry J. Warsch, a former city commissioner in Cooper City, Florida. He recounted the following experience today with calling Senator Hatch's office (R-UT) about why Senator Hatch refuses to cosponsor the lynching resolution, and told me to feel free to post his name so you'd know he's for real:

I called Orrin Hatch's office. I frankly expected more of him. I consider him a sane mainstream conservative, not a wingnut. I expressed my disappointment in his failure to co-sponsor the anti-lynching resolution. The young man answering Hatch's phone dropped into his reply, apropos of nothing, that "Robert Byrd used to be in the KKK". Freakin' pathetic, eh?
Uh huh, and Senator Byrd has atoned for his rather serious sins from decades ago. What's Senator Hatch's excuse for his sins of today?


blog comments powered by Disqus