comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: "Start Making Sense"
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

"Start Making Sense"



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I'm in San Francisco for work....Last night, I got to go to a very cool event: a panel and party for Alternet's "Start Making Sense: turning the lessons of elections 2004 into winning progressive politics."

The book is a collection of essays from key players about how we can win again -- includes a piece from Markos at DailyKos. The panel was very impressive: George Lakoff, Wes Boyd from MoveOn, Adam Werback from Common Assets, Van Jones from the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and Lakshmi Chaudhry from Alternet.

The panel did give me hope. There are some great thinkers working on how to build a progressive movement -- and they mean a real movement. I have to say, it is great to get out of DC and feel real energy.

And, I got a copy of the book so I can read it on the flight home.


blog comments powered by Disqus