comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Microsoft's asshole
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Microsoft's asshole



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

The Sunday NYT profiles the homophobic religious right activist who got Microsoft abandon gays. This is my favorite paragraph from his anti-gay tirade.

"You tell me what I went through as an African-American, when they talk about discrimination, compared to what gays go through with discrimination - it's the difference between night and day, not even close," Dr. Hutcherson said. "I even get upset when people say, 'Well, you got to understand what they go through.' Not when they've chosen to do what they do. They can stop choosing what to do what they do, and they can hide it anytime they want. They can hide their homosexuality. Could I take a 'don't ask don't tell' policy as an African-American? I could try even to pretend I was Puerto Rican, but I'm still going to get blasted for my skin color."
I have several responses:

1. I didn't choose to be gay, but you did choose to be a radical-right Christian, and a bigot.

2. You're alive and Matthew Shepard is dead. Tell me again about who is suffering from worse discrimination.

3. They can hide it if they want? You mean like Jews, or light-skinned black people? So what exactly is your point?


blog comments powered by Disqus