comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: "My question is: What kind of man is he?"
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

"My question is: What kind of man is he?"



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

This from Tom DeLay, the biggest crook in the House of Representatives, speaking of Terri Schiavo's husband.

And if Tom DeLay can involve himself in any American family's most intimate decisions about life and death, why not have DeLay decide whether you get an abortion, whether you conceive, whether you go for surgery, what kind of cancer treatment you select, whether you marry that special girl or guy in your life. Which got me thinking, and penning, the following:

"First they came for gay marriage, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't gay. Then they came for the right to choose, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a woman. Then they came for Muslim-Americans, but I didn't speak up because I wasn't Muslim. Then they came for the Schiavo family, and I didn't speak up because I didn't have a family member who was dying. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."


blog comments powered by Disqus