comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Creepy Congress
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Creepy Congress



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Is it just me, or did Congress seem especially creepy this week? And, I am not talking about just the usual "Tom DeLay is Corrupt" and "Destroy the Environment" creepy.

Dedicating a whole day to steroids just seemed weird to me. Okay, so I am not a huge sports fan and I am not a parent. But it seems to me, if you don't want your kids doing steroids, it's something you need to talk to your kids about. That sounds like a family matter. Does it really rise to the level of an urgent national issue for Congress? (And would the steroid ban apply to people who work on the Hill? Just asking.)

Then, there is the Schiavo case. The way Tom DeLay and his crowd have become apoplectic over this case is bizarre. This week, we see that the GOP hypocrites are willing to throw the sanctity of marriage under the bus to score political points. DeLay, Hastert, Frist...the whole gang of them...are overruling the wishes of the husband for his wife. I guess they want to micro-manage every relationship, not just gay ones.

The GOP is getting more and more involved in the day to day lives of Americans. Nothing is off limits. It really is creepy.


blog comments powered by Disqus