comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Being Ben Ginsberg
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Being Ben Ginsberg



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

FORMER Bush campaign lawyer Ben Ginsberg was on Nightline last night. First off, he's a very angry man. Second, I just loved this quote from him on the show, which I've dissected a bit:

"My job as a lawyer is to be sure they're complying with the law. I'm not a political consultant, I don't do message, I don't do strategy. What I was convinced of was the sincerity and the honesty of those men who have now been libeled, and their speech threatened, because the Kerry campaign and the Democrats don't like it."
Right, he doesn't do message. Sounds like "message" to me. Not to mention, how is your former boss' threat to sue to get all 527s abolished NOT threatening the speech of your Not-So-Swift Boat friends?
"And frankly, I think it's shameful that decorated veterans who want to express their views in a campaign should be villified and smeared the way they have been..."
You're right Ben, it is a shame when your clients villify and smear decorated veterans.

One final point. Would it be a conflict of interest vis-a-vis both clients when Ginsberg acts as Bush's outside campaign lawyer, at a time when the campaign is advocating the abolition of 527s, at the same time that Ginsberg is actually advising a 527? It hardly seems in the best interest of your 527 client for you to be helping another client that's trying to abolish them. I'd be curious to find out if Ginsberg was involved at all with the Bush campaign's efforts to get rid of the 527s?


blog comments powered by Disqus